Recently, I haven’t been doing short articles cause I’ve been on this poem train for a while. So I’ve got something to get off my chest and share with my readers. I call this one, “The Sardonicism of Entrepreneurship.”
Enjoy this read!
We have created a society where being entrepreneurs seem to be the new mantra. A rhetoric driven by opinionated individuals who are strongly against working for someone else than themselves. So they go on perverting the nobility of honest living. They refer to those who earn a salary as “degrading.” They give you a complex saying,
“You are not living your full potential” because you work a 9-5 job.
I think the question we are all failing to ask these entrepreneurs is,
“Are we all gonna be entrepreneurs?” I’ll leave you with that thought.
Fact is, the end game for an entrepreneur is owning a business and ultimately, sustaining longevity. Now if that’s the aim of every entrepreneur, then it means he’s gonna need people to bring that dream to fruition. And these people are gonna come in form of partners, investors, Employees and eventually, customers.
With that analogy, isn’t entrepreneurship the reason you work a 9-5 job? The company or organization you work for, is a result of entrepreneurship. Think about it. So when an entrepreneur tells you not to chase another man’s dream, he’s simply telling you to chase his.
Entrepreneurs are idealists with a compelling vision but that vision only becomes a reality when they bring people on board. Think about the biggest corporations today, they all started from one man’s idea and at some point, they were that little business that could and they did it. An estimated 12% of the world’s population control and employ the remaining 88%. It tells you the 12% needs the 88% to make 100% a reality. We all need each other. Each group is as important as the next.
In the end, you are either working for someone or someone is working for you. But at the end of the day, we are all working together to put food on our tables. Why tear down one group you need because you want to push an agenda? If we all were entrepreneurs, who would work for us? Whatever it is you do, do it to the best of your ability until you can’t do it no more.
Everyone has a dream to be successful but we have to understand success can be relative. Dreams differ and changes over time. Just because you dreamt about a thing yesterday, doesn’t mean you are gonna dream about the same thing today. If you are not an entrepreneur today, you can be someone else tomorrow and the next. Nothing’s holding you back. There’s nobility in whatever you do. Just be the best at it and keep growing. The world will be a better place if we all just stop tearing each other down. This is Danny world.